Our Dry Grad Parent Group and Dry Grad Student Council has been busy fundraising and planning the Safe After Grad Party at The Metro on June 14th. Check out the video. We are very passionate about providing a safe evening for our grads.
According to ICBC, “four youths are killed and 1,140 injured in crashes during grad season in May and June every year in BC.” Dry Grad is an initiative to reduce these statistics and is a party organized by parents and student volunteers for grads to attend after the graduation dinner. It is “dry,” meaning no alcohol or drugs are allowed. This is a safe and inclusive alternative to private after-grad celebrations. Safety is especially pertinent as we continue to hear about drug overdoses regularly on the news.
Many thanks to those who helped meet our goal and make the Poinsettia sales a success.
Important upcoming dates:
Jan 14th – Student Site visit at the Metro
Jan 19th– Silent Auction ends
Jan 26th– Moscrop Alumni volleyball tournament
Feb 23 – Chipotle Mexican Grill Fundraiser- Purchase a meal and a portion will go to Moscrop Dry Grad
March 4 – Early Bird Price ends.
- Pay your fees early school Cash online. Price will increased from $50 to $ 65
May 22- School Leaving Ceremony
June 14- Dinner Dance with Dry Grad to follow
We appreciate any and all help. Here is how you could help to make the event a success:
You can volunteer your time and talents:
- Reach out to us and let us know how you want to be involved email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Laurie Sheehan 604-612-9124
- Attend an upcoming meeting dates are Feb 5, Mar 5, April 2, May 7, June 4. Location; 4059 Curle Ave Burnaby unless otherwise posted.
You could make a cash donation
- Log on to School cash online and select the “ Make a donation: button. NOTE: Moscrop Dry Grad in the note box
- If you do not have a school cash online account. Donate using Canadahelps.org link; For Burnaby School Board: NOTE; Add Moscrop Dry grad in the Message box.
- Send a cheque to Moscrop Secondary. Please complete the letter below and mail to
- Dry Grad Parent Group Moscrop Secondary School 4433 Moscrop Street Burnaby BC V5G 2G3
- Tax Receipts will be provided by the School Board Office for any donations over $20
You could sponsor a part of the Dry Grad event.
- We have something for every price range (Photo Booth, DJ, Food & Beverage, Transportation, Decorations, …)
- Contact Moscropdrygrad@gmail.com for assistance
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE:– Laurie Sheehan Dry Grad Parent Group Chair